Do you want to know how to clean Baby Brezza sterilizer? Parents must already know the importance of a sterilizer. Though this product is quite pricey, cleaning baby bottles is not enough by just washing them. As the name suggests, the primary function of a sterilizer is to clean and sterilize baby bottles, freeing them from germs and bacteria that are harmful to babies.
This tool is efficient and easy to use. However, the tap water used to sterilize baby bottles generally contains minerals, leaving rust on the heating plate of the sterilizer. If you do not clean it properly and regularly, this will affect the product’s performance. So, here are some ways you can try to clean your Baby Brezza sterilizer.
How to Clean Baby Brezza Sterilizer with Vinegar
It would help if you had a clean, soft cloth, 40ml vinegar, and 80ml water. First, note that the ratio of the vinegar and water is 1:2. Then, follow these steps.
- In a bowl, mix water and vinegar. Stir it properly.
- Then, pour the mixture of water and vinegar into your Baby Brezza sterilizer.
- Turn the sterilizer on for a minute.
- Please turn it off, then leave it for 15 minutes to 30 minutes. After that, throw away the liquid.
- Wipe any remaining stain, dirt, or crust with a clean, soft cloth.
- Wash and dry the sterilizer to get rid of any remaining vinegar.
- Pour 120ml of clean water into the sterilizer, then turn it on in one complete turn.
- Please turn it off, then wipe the sterilizer until it is dry.
Here are some notes you must keep in mind:
- First, ensure the vinegar percentage is not more than 50 percent.
- Second, do not turn the sterilizer on one complete turn with only the vinegar mixture.
- Third, do not boil the vinegar mixture for more than 2 minutes. The vinegar’s high concentration can cause corrosion.
How to Clean Baby Brezza Sterilizer Rust
As said before, the tap water used can make the heating plate of the sterilizer rust as the water contains minerals. But it does not mean it is impossible to clean the rust. So follow these steps below to clean the rust in your Baby Brezza sterilizer.
- Pour the descaling liquid into the rusted area and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Then, throw away the liquid. Then, with a clean, soft cloth, wipe off the sterilizer to remove any remaining rust.
- Pour clean water into the sterilizer and turn the device on one complete turn. This is to make sure that the descaling liquid is removed. Make sure there is no baby bottle in the sterilizer when doing this.
How to Clean a Sterilizer with Lemon
Here are the steps to needing a half-fresh lemon, a mug, and a clean, soft cloth.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a mug.
- After that, pour the lemon juice into the sterilizer without boiling it. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Then, throw away the lemon juice and wipe the sterilizer with a clean, soft cloth.
- Last, wash the sterilizer with clean water and let it dry.
You are suggested to clean your sterilizer every two weeks or four weeks, depending on how often you use the device. For daily maintenance, use water according to the rule. Do not forget to dry and unplug the sterilizer from the socket after use. This is to maintain the durability and the optimum performance of the device. This way, you can make sure of your baby’s health. Those are the ways as well as the steps on how to clean Baby Brezza sterilizer.